History of Cinema 2

October 26th, 2010

Umberto D.

Posted by dmaldonado in Uncategorized

This is by far, my favorite film we have watched in class. As simplistic the film appeared to be there were many hidden undertones incorporated about wealth, politics, and society. There was a good balance of drama and comedy. I loved the music playing throughout. The music really helped create a certain atmosphere, melodramatic. At times I found the film to be cute, then depressing, so many mixed emotions. The lighting in this film I found lovely. The fact that Umberto D. was about ordinary life of everyday people didn’t make it boring at all to me. This movie actually inspired me to get a netflix account and check out more movies. Definitely will watch again.

Flike!

One Response to ' Umberto D. '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' Umberto D. '.

1.    zen629 said,

on December 1st, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Umberto D this movie is close to realistic. Even though the story is just talking around a poor old man how to surviving in a selfish, cold-blood modern world, it also has the touching moment between the doggie and Mr. Umberto. But the music is giving me the poor and unhappy mood from the beginning and the end of the movie, feeling not comfortable with that.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

• Monthly

• Meta

• Subscribe to RSS feed
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS
    • Subscribe to Atom feed
    • Powered by WordPress; state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.
    • Firefox - Rediscover the web
  • Spam prevention powered by Akismet