History of Cinema 2

October 26th, 2010

Out of the Past

Posted by dmaldonado in Uncategorized

I really enjoyed this film, I especially enjoyed Bailey’s narration throughout the film, which was new in comparison to the films we have seen so far. I found the ending to be pretty sad, I wanted Kathy and Bailey to run away together secretly. Although Kathy is considered a villain I can’t help but find her likable. Overall I can honestly say this movie kept my attention and I wouldn’t mind watching it again. I definitely see characteristics of style of noir films, particularly mainly night time setting. Moral ambiguity also being an obvious theme in the film. I kept questioning all of the characters throughout the film.

One Response to ' Out of the Past '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' Out of the Past '.

1.    alyssacaracciolo said,

on December 12th, 2010 at 11:59 pm

I disagree with the narration comment. I actually really dislike when a film is narrated, or when a film has subtitles. I did enjoy the movie in general though. I agree with you on Kathy. I did like her character even though she wasn’t supposed to be a nice character. I thought for the time period the acting wasn’t overdone either. From an acting standpoint, typically in this era things are “corny” and overacted, but I felt this cast did a very good job of keeping it toned down.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

• Monthly

• Meta

• Subscribe to RSS feed
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS
    • Subscribe to Atom feed
    • Powered by WordPress; state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.
    • Firefox - Rediscover the web
  • Spam prevention powered by Akismet